WOOP! IT'S COMPETITION TIME!
...And we can't wait to see your entries! Please give the following a little read and if you have any questions, contact us using the chat at the bottom, or email us at: email@example.com
Since we started 4 years ago on a rainy market stall in Manchester, Wraptious has fundamentally been about support artists and providing opportunities to share their work. Our artists are now stocked in 100s of shops across the UK and abroad, and online. Past competition winners include Katherine Williams, Kat Baxter, Liz Chaderton and Olivia Hicks.
We are now looking for our next artist - is it you...?
WHAT CAN I WIN?!
Firstly, the competition is free to enter yet you are still able to earn commission on every sale, as that sounds fair to us! We even add a link to your website or social media page, so voters and browsers can discover more of your work. We hope this is great free exposure in itself :)
The 7 artists with the most points (see below), will be automatically shortlisted. An extra 5 artists will be shortlisted by us based on quality, depth of range and that spark of difference. For the first time ever, ALL twelve shortlisted artists will win:
- A hamper of your work on our products (2 cushions, a clock, mugs, coasters and a print!)
- Have your work shared with ALL our trade buyers for judging.
- Additionally, all our trade buyers will be able to stock your cushions for a limited time (with your permission).
The winner artist(s):
The winning artist(s) will be invited to join Wraptious, where your work will be:
- Proudly promoted by us for two years.
- Published in our Spring/Summer 2018 Trade Catalogue.
- Interviewed for our blog.
- Promoted in the trade press, and
- Have your work shared with all our retail and trade customers.
It is a prize worth winning.
HOW DO I EARN POINTS?
You can earn points from the moment your entries are uploaded - from cushion sales, or Facebook likes and shares. We create a post on our Facebook page for every artist who enters.
- Sales: Every cushion sale = 50 points.
- Likes: Every Facebook like of your post or the individual images = 1 point.
- Shares: Every Facebook share of your post = 1 point.
- Voting continues til 26th November.
- (NB: If people choose to share our post of your work, voters must like the individual images in that shared post, not the post itself as we can't see these!)
You keep ownership and copyright of your work, always. Simples.
Not only is the competition free to enter, but you can earn money too for every cushion sold with our competition rates:
- 45cm cushion = £2 commission.
- 60cm cushion = £3 commission.
- Floor cushion = £6 commission.
This is a little less than what we pay our artists for a few reasons. Firstly, all competition cushions are made to order which costs us a little more, while we also offer free UK and subsidised international shipping which eats further into our costs.
- Maximum 5 entries per artist.
- Artwork must be a jpeg, square and between 2400 and 4000 pixels wide.
- RGB at 300dpi.
- We create the cushion mockups, you just need to upload the flat artwork.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What if my image is too small? As your work will be available on cushions, it's really important that the image is large enough so that your work looks awesome, rather than being blurred or pixelated. If you find your work is too small, we'd recommend checking that you are scanning / photographing at the highest resolution possible by checking your scanner / phone / camera settings. You may also find that some image editing software such as FlickR may reduce the size too, so if editing your work please be careful not to reduce the size before uploading to our competition.
- When will my work be uploaded? As soon as possible. We are receiving an overwhelming number of entries - which is amazing - and so it is taking us a little time to upload all your work. Once uploaded, you will receive an email, so keep a look out in your inbox.
- When will my work be added to Facebook? As soon as possible. We are receiving so many entries it's taking us a little longer to upload to Facebook. Rest assured, voting continues for a week after entries close, so there is plenty of time to collect votes! :)
- Entries can be submitted between 6th November and 22nd November.
- Voting continues a further week to 1st December.
- The shortlist will be announced on 4th December.
- The winner(s) will be announced on 11th December.
- All entries will remain online til Christmas.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entries cannot knowingly be sold on cushions elsewhere for the duration of the competition.
- Until the competition close on 19th November, entries will be sorted in the order in which they were entered. After 19th, to when voting closes on 26th, entries will be sorted by best-selling.
- It is the artist's responsibility to make sure no copyright has been broken.
- All commission payments will be made before 31/01/2018, to allow time for customer returns.
- If you would like us to remove your entries at any time, no problem. Please contact us.
- Wraptious has the right to amend these rules at any time.