No Products in the Cart
Discounts calculated at checkout.
Giraffe loving Katherine Williams is a talented freelance artist and the winner of our November 2014 Wraptious competition. Her painted splatter animals are instantly recognisable, and have been a big hit with the Wraptious followers. And she's only just finished University! We caught up with Katherine to find out what inspires her, and what advice she has for newbie artists...
1) Which artists have inspired you the most?
Dean Crouser, Quentin Blake and Hua Tunan
2) Out of all the work you've produced, which is your favourite and why?
The 'Splatter Stag,' I love the colours, and it was my first ever piece created in a splatter style.
3) How did you first start promoting your artwork? What tips can you give us?
Usually I share my art on my Facebook art page. I try and share them on as many social media sites as possible. I also host craft stalls in my local villages.
4) How often do you produce a piece of artwork? Are you strict with yourself?
I am usually sketching all the time but I aim to produce 1-2 new pieces of splatterworks each week.
5) What's the most challenging part about being a freelance artist?
Getting your work out there and noticed.
6) What do you love most about being an artist?
Seeing my art as a final piece on someone's wall.
7) What piece of advice would you give someone just starting out?
I would say be confident and keep at it, the more you draw the stronger your work will get!
8) What are you currently working on? And what can we look forward to seeing from you next?
Well currently I am into my last few weeks at university studying Illustration and Design, so I am making sure all of my work is to a high quality. I am hoping to expand my splatter range and produce a splatter horse, dogs and farm animals.
9) What's your biggest ambition?
To start up my own illustrated giftware business.
10) And finally, what three things could you not live without?
My family, my watercolours and chocolate! Haha!